Posted in Posts and podcasts

Frongoch – 1916

The Connacht Tribune, 1st July, 1916 (abridged)

Frongoch
Frongoch postcard

The censor of Frongoch internment camp informs us that Tuesdays and Thursdays are visiting days from 2 to 3 p.m. Prisoners can receive only one visit a month, and applications for permits must be made in writing to the Commandant, allowing sufficient time for reply by post. No admission is granted except on production of the permit. The following have been removed from Stafford to Frongoch;
James Fahy, Doughiska, Galway
Thomas Newell, Castlegar
John Murphy, Athenry
Michael Burke, Doughiska
William Cody, Claregalway
Thomas Silke, Castlegar
Michael Glynn, Lydican
Mr. Joseph O’Flaherty, Loughrea
William Harte, Oranmore
Richard Wilson, Loughrea
Dominic Corbett, Craughwell
Jeremiah Galvin, Slieverue
Christopher Caulfield, Athenry
Martin Walsh, Athenry
Peter McKeown, Athenry
Patrick Kennedy, Athenry
Joseph Cleary, Athenry
Pat Keane, Athenry
Ml Commons, Athenry
Ml Cunniff, Galway
Ml Costello, Galway
Martin Costello, Galway
Pat Costello, Galway
Martin McEvoy, Galway
John Cullinane, Galway
William Higgins, Galway
Michael J. Dunleavy, Galway
Richard Wilson, Galway.