Tuam Herald 11th November, 1876, p1
Kilmacduagh is a parish in the barony of Kiltartan, County Galway. The See of Kilmacduagh, now a part of that of Galway, was founded by St. Colman, who, being son of Duagh, was distinguished from other Colmans, his contemporaries, by the appellation of MacDuagh. He build a monastery and church called after him, Kilmac-Duagh, whence the name of the parish. The latter comprises 6,015 statute acres. Some ancient remains are to be seen in the neighbourhood, including a round tower, which declines about 17 feet from the perpendicular.
In a lake in the parish, called Lough Deehan, the waters having sunk very low in the year 1784 or 1785, a house was discovered in the mud at the bottom, formed of oak timber of great thickness, the sides and roof of which was formed of wattle-work of the same substance: it appeared as if intended to float, and the timer of which is was constructed was perfectly sound.