Connacht Tribune 3rd March 1978 p.4
Turlough Hynes was parish priest of Kinvara and lived at Poulnegan. Archbishop James Lynch of Tuam ordained him priest in Cong in 1674. It seems likely that he was of the same family of Frs. Edward and Terence Hynes. A chalice in Kinvara bears this inscription:
The gift of Pa French Esq., to the Rev. Fa. Ther. O’Heyne and his successors in the Parishes of Kinvarra and Duras.
The chalice was stolen, broken and repaired. A second inscription on the base records that the cup was replaced by Vicomte de Basterot in 1886.
Rev. Fr. Martin Coen