Maryborough Chronicle, Wide Bay and Burnett Advertiser 28th January, 1864 p 15
At Dromelihy, County Clare, some men, in digging for potatoes, came on a massive boulder, which required their united exertions to remove. It had been artificially set over four other and formed an enclosure of about two feet square. But well repaid were they for their labours. Having displaced it, they found the contents to be a copper kettle filled with silver pieces, each being worth about tenpence, and some of which bear the date of 1510.
On digging further they perceived some stones set in mason work, which they upturned with renewed energy. They succeeded in entering a vault, which, to their surprise and disappointment, contained nothing but a leaden coffin about nine feet in length. On taking off the lid, (which, by the bye, was considered very daring of them) they beheld a human skeleton of massive proportions, the thigh alone measuring 2ft 11in and the cranium half an inch in thickness.