Posted in Posts and podcasts

Kinvara – 1909

Southern Cross 19th November, 1909 p.3

Kinvara Quay Photo: EO'D
Kinvara Quay
Photo: EO’D

The town of Kinvara was brilliantly illuminated in honor of the first visit of the Most Rev. Dr. O’Dea to his episcopal parish since his translation to Galway. His Lordship attended for the purpose of opening the mission conducted by the Capuchin Fathers in connection with the founding of the St. Patrick’s Temperance League of the West, as well as for the purpose of administering the Sacrament of Confirmation to hundreds of children throughout the parish.