The fund for the building of a new Cathedral in Galway had its origin in a bequest of 500 pounds made by Mr Murray of Northampton House, Kinvara, in the year 1876. Connacht Tribune 14th January, 1922 p1
NORTHAMPTON HOUSE, KINVARA, CO. GALWAY
This splendid and up to date Mansion contains about 25 apartments, comprising Drawing Room, Dining Room, Bedrooms, Billiard Room, etc., in thorough repair. The woodwork is all pitch pine (nearly new). The fire places are fitted with marble and ornamental mantel pieces. The building is of cut stone, and could be dismantled at a very little outlay.
Northampton is one mile from Kinvara Port and three miles from Ardrahan Railway station (G.S. and W. railway). Offers in writing will be taken and considered up to Monday, 23rd January 1922.
For further particulars apply to
Some of the landlords in the vicinity of Kinvarra have given very substantial rent abatements. Col. Llewelyn Blake, Northampton House, Kinvarra, and Cloughballymore, Ballindereen, has allowed his tenants on both properties the same reductions as he gave last year, viz. 25 per cent off the reduced rent or 50 per cent off the old rent.
Edward J. Murphy Esq, Tullyra Castle Ardrahan, has also allowed his tenants an abatement of 25 per cent off the reduced rents.
NEW ZEALAND TABLET VOLUME XXI, Issue 23, 24th March 1893 p9
J Brady Murray, 11 Pembroke Road, Dublin and Northampton House Kinvarra, has given a reduction of fifty per cent to his kinvarra tenants. Mr Murray is son of the late P Brady, Soliitor, Danby, Ballyshannon, and nephew of Mrs John Stephensen, Castle Street, Ballyshannon