Posts and Podcasts

Latest Post

St Caimin/Coman -1931

Tuam Herald January 17th, 1931 p4.

Photo: EO’D

St. Caimin of Inis-Cealtra, was half brother to King Guaire, and he is also called Coman of the Third Order of the Saints. Dr. Lanigan things the two identical and, if so, Coman was the founder of the Church of Kinvara. He was a great scholar, versed in Hebrew as well as older languages. He composed commentaries on some of the Psalms, and his commentary on Psalm cxviii is to be found in the Franciscan Monastery at Dublin, having been originally in and seen by Sir James Ware in the Franciscan Monastery at Donegal.

Advertisements

Categories

Calendar

December 2017
M T W T F S S
« Oct    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Categories

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 244 other followers

Archives

Blog Stats

  • 25,613 hits

Posts

December 2017
M T W T F S S
« Oct    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
%d bloggers like this: